Sunday, April 16, 2017

A Point Loma Staple: Swami's Cafe




It was due time I gave some attention my little neck of the woods here in Point Loma in that this segment of the city has its own plethora of good food spots sure to offer anyone a A Better Bite no matter what you're seeking. For me, I often seek the same kinds of things repetitively since I do follow a particular dietary approach and guideline. It just works well for me to find a few staples, stick to them and keep with what is working for both my preferences, flavor, nutrition and service/value. One such Point Loma venue (a second SD area venue in North Park as well) is Swami's Cafe. I have been here at least 10 times since they opened this location. The service is great, the coffee is strong and the food is delicious each and every time. I find myself coming here to get 1 of 3 things every time be it lunch, dinner or weekend brunch. Those items being the soups, the salads, and acai/pitaya bowls. They never get old, never disappoint and are a bargain price for the portion you get!

On this Friday afternoon visit, I even went out on a leg for something new and got their guacamole turkey club sandwich which like everything else, was just awesome! Plus it comes with yam fries which as you all know.....are my all time favorite side item so kudos on that option!

Take a look around this slideshow to see what awaits you on your next or first visit to the Point Loma Swami's Cafe.

GM, Martin, and his staff are awesome people. I love places like this where you're always as welcome to come in by the people who greet you as the food that you can indulge in. Service is fast, friendly and kind. The venue is super spacious and has all round windows for natural light to flow in. Outdoor patio seating and a back porch/group area is also available for diners in large numbers.

If eating well, eating wholesome and eating for flavor is your goal then Swami's does not miss the boat! You can get all this and then some when dining here. Try this location or the NP location or their other 6 locations in SoCal as well. Check them out on Facebook as well!