THE WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE:
The Grass Skirt (SDCM Restaurant Group)
910 Grand Ave, San Diego, CA
6pm, Thursday, June 15th
THE BETTER BITES SAMPLED: (full album)
- Professor Feather (cocktail) (tropical fruit fans gonna love this!)
- Prime Hanger Steak lettuce Wraps (grill your own steak on mini hibachi grill!)
- Kimchi Fried Rice (nothing like you had before)
- Fuji Albacore Tataki
- Skuna Bay Salmon Cone
- Tuna Cone
- Korean Short Rib Bao Bun
NEWS AND NOTEWORTHY FACTS:
- Open Monday-Sunday 5pm-2am
- First opened their doors in November 2016
- Huge selection of unique and exotic cocktails and shareable punchbowls
- Entrees are larger portions great for sharing
- Most all other menu items are small plate and pupu samplers
- Functions as its sister venue "Good Time Poke" during the day.
- 3 drinks on the menu, when ordered, trigger a number of special effects like sounds of thunder and lightning and flames shown swirling on a screen behind the bar.
MY FINAL THOUGHTS:
Having never been here before, this was a truly novel experience for both the taste buds and the eyes and ears. A true tiki style venue all decked out in traditional decor to really make one feel like they are in a fun, lighthearted, escapist tiki culture. The staff are kind, helpful and informative about all the drinks and menu items. Ben, the GM of Grass Skirt is a cool dude and seems to know every single person in the place I swear! Shaking hands and speaking with everyone. Chef Erin prepared all the amazing foods I tried and he is one smart dude! The little things he is doing to make dishes familiar yet different are very clear. He was able to walk me right through each dish as it came out as to what it was, why it was that way and what made it unique. I must agree, the bites I had were just that. This is the kind of place you come to with friends to for unique eats and great drinks/cocktails while rocking out your wildest tiki/Islander shirt. You forget your worries at the door and enjoy the momment......and this saying they have listed inside says why....
HOW TO REACH THEM: