THE WHO, WHAT, WHERE & WHEN:
Harvest by the Patio, Corner of J and 10th, Gaslamp District, San Diego, CA
THE BETTER BITES SAMPLED: (Full Album)
- The 7 Summits Bowl w/chicken (roasted red pepper dressing is unlike any I have ever had!)
- Rainbow Garden Cobb Salad w/chicken (green goddess dressing is wack!)
- Grilled Eggplant
- The Harvest Veggie Sandwich (even a meat-man like myself approves of this sando!)
- Muesli Berry Cup
NOTEWORTHY & INTERESTING FACTS
- Been Open since Nov 2016,
- Been voted "best of" in multiple San Diego dining publications lists in 5 different categories.
- Currently tied for "Best Healthy" in Sang Diego Best Resto edition (June 2017)
- A true farm-to-table themed venue where the chef and managers know where their food comes from.
- One tap kombucha offered from the one and only Bootstrap Distillery in San Diego (a personal favorite)
- The same exact items offered on the menu are made fresh daily and available for take-out from the downstairs lobby area.
- Happy hour M-F 4-7pm and Sat-Sun 2-6pm.
- The GM, Travis is the lead man behind the drinks and cocktails. Please say hello to him on your visit!
- Chef Amiko Gubbins (I have not met her) has a culinary resume that's well.....impressive!
- ALL items they offer are sourced from local providers only.
MY FINAL THOUGHTS:
This is a fantastic place to not only eat truly nutritious and healthy meals that are refreshing and filling but also a place to relax, chill, refuel and recharge the mind, body and sprit. Many may only think the lower level grab n' go space is what they have which all alone is pretty amazing! But there is so much more up top!
The chill vibe, laid-back feel, open space, natural lighting, all add to an ambiance of calmness and restoration. The menu alone is full of items that nourish the body but so does the venue and the people. Natalie my server was amazing and super informative about the menu items. Travis is a passionate man and ambassador to his cause. His attention and care to what he is doing with Harvest by the Patio is cleary seen and easily felt. His pride in the menu and venue as well as the means by which they are serving local San Diegans, simple, delicious, nutritous meals as a dine in or grab n' go option is very apparent.
I am happy to see a place like this giving the concept of fast, grab n' go, take-out meals a new face. Downtowners have a real gem in their backyard that all of San Diego must make a stop at at least once (you'll be back) to please the palette, the mind and the body. Bring a group as this is the kind of place you can hang out at, have a work lunch....whatever you do.....you want to stay once your here, and you should!