Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Homestyle classics that always deliver: Crest Cafe




THE WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE:
Crest Cafe, 425 Robinson Ave, Hillcrest, San Diego, CA. 3pm, Monday June 12th.

THE BETTER BITES I SAMPLED: (full album)

  • Turkey Club (w/ side of cottage cheese)
  • Crest Chicken Cobb Salad
  • Chicken Tortilla Soup (add Tapatio for a nice kick)
  • Carrot Cake (the BEST carrot cake I have ordered from a restaurant in SD in my 5 years)






NEWS AND NOTEWORTHY FACTS:

  • Open 365 days a year 7am-midnight
  • Been open for 34 years now
  • Everything on the menu is made from scratch in house
  • Daily specials Monday-Thursday

MY FINAL THOUGHTS:
This has been one of my go to places for about 2 years now when I have a fix for soups, Cobb salads, and club sandwiches. I had not ever thought to try their desserts before and when it dawned on my they had my all time favorite.....carrot cake! I had to know how it stacked up! Too bad I had not known of this before in this blog post! The meals I get here no matter the day or time, have always been consistently delicious! I can be 100% sure my meal is correct, fresh, scratch made, home cooked, and rib- sticking good each and every time. Chef Ruben even tells me that's the one thing he urges his cooks every day...."be consistent with every plate all the time! People expect that from us and we deliver on it!" Cecelia Moreno is the owner of Crest. Ruben the head chef, his daughter Sophia was my server and she was spectacular! Kind, helpful and very positive attitude. In the end, Crest Cafe is the place you go when you want hearty, home cooked comfort foods but none of the work to go with it. So head on in, pull up a seat, A Better Bite awaits you!


HOW TO REACH THEM:
Website