Sunday, May 22, 2016

Encinitas Foodie Festival in full review!

This weekend I attended my first ever Encinitas Foodie Festival (EFF) held just outside the Lumberyard Tavern off Coastal Highway 101 where 30 of the best area chefs and venues, winery's and breweries came to show off what makes them so darn good. From 11-4pm attendees like me could sample out from all participating vendors for unlimited samples, live entertainment, chef demos, live music and battle of the chefs competitions. At just $48 this was so worth it! I did not drink any alcohol and still got more than my moneys worth out of this. Below are my reviews and shots of the event. I will say here in the beginning while I have your attention that the winners in my book came from the several charcuteri vendors there giving out amazing samples of salami and cheese. Many of which I had never had before which was a novel experience by itself but the discussions I had with the owners was equally as fascinating. Close behind that was the two chocolate vendors I tried out. They had samples of EVERY kind of chocolate one could ever wish to try out. Great for those who enjoy pairings of chocolate with wine or beer and of course....food! Feast your eyes below for some insights to the good times in Encinitas!




New slideshow feature of all the images from the days awesome eats!

Enjoy!


Great entertainment as well!

Battle of the chef's. Halibut is the food item theme.

Speed painting, she did that in 3.5 minutes!

Yelp.com booth of course! My people!
Chef demonstrations